Social Skills Curriculum for Sarcasm Printable and Digital
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Social skills activities can help you build social skills group skills using this mega-growing bundle! This resource covers elementary to older students, it's printable, digital, and Boom cards are in this huge growing social skills autism bundle!This bundle has everything you need from elementary tPrice $83.16Original Price $103.95Save $20.79
This no-prep social skills unit focusing on sarcasm will help your older students understand body language and facial expressions while engaging them with real photos and social skill scenarios original stories. This unit focuses on sarcasm; a hard concept to learn for some of our students. Let this social skills sarcasm unit help you!
- 1. show your students the main large photo and ask them what they think happened. It is interesting to see their perspective!
- 2. Read the provided scenario and answer the questions provided.
Topics in this unit:
This unit can be downloaded as a PowerPoint or printed and placed in page protectors. Use a Vis a Vis pen and you are ready to go. No cutting or laminating needed! Download it to your iPad for a no print option!
Many of my students have a really hard time with this so that is how this unit came about. Students may look at faces and body language but do not understand how they go with what is being conveyed by the other person. Sarcasm is one of those communication styles that is super challenging!
Sarcasm is defined as “a difference in tone and facial expression from what the speaker is actually saying.” There is an underlying meaning in the tone of voice and facial expression or body language that may be difficult for some people to recognize accurately.
Download the free preview to try before you buy!
Feedback: On November 16, 2015:
"OH HOW AWESOME!!! This is a valuable resource that can be used in a variety of ways! This is packed with scenarios to use for your students who need to work on reading body language, perspective taking, humor, sarcasm, facial expression, problem solving and much more.....I have several of your products and love them all. So glad to have relevant materials for our older students!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!"
Please note: I used this resource with my upper level 4th grade students but did have to help them with some of the vocabulary such as the term "perspective". I also used this with 5th through 8th graders with much success. I always present the picture card first to get their perspective and then I read the scenario on the next card and ask the questions. This unit is also appropriate for high school students, which is why I listed all of the above grade levels.
This unit is all about helping students interpret facial expressions/gestures and the meaning behind them. In this unit you will receive:
35 full color real pictures of people using different emotions, expressions, and body language. NOTE: These pictures and worksheets print great in black and white too!
35 detailed scenarios about the pictures and questions about these pictures.
1 Observation poster card to help your students remember what to look for in the pictures.
Definition cards for tone of voice, point of view, sarcasm, and body language.
Do you need a Social Skills Game to play? Try this!
Social Skills Pursuit! A Social Skills Game
If you like this activity you will like:
Social Skills Problem Solving Using Real Pictures
Social Skills for Elementary School Using Real Photos
Pragmatic Checklist and IEP Objectives for Middle School
Social Skills Money Saving Bundle
Inferencing for Beginners When Critical Details are Omitted
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺