Also included in
- This bundle includes my favorite and best-selling products for middle school SLPs! By purchasing this bundle, you save 20% compared to buying the resources individually. Check out everything that is included below to make sure it is appropriate for your caseload prior to purchasing. Note: If you've$94.80$118.50Save $23.70
Targeting social skills in mixed groups can be tricky! It seems like there's never enough time for direct instruction, discussion, and self-reflection.
I use these social skill focus sheets to help students with pragmatic deficits focus on one skill at a time, discuss the skill and reflect on their understanding and use of the skill.
Included is one half-sheet “focus sheet” for the following skills. There are 24 total.
- Sharing the conversation
- Staying on topic
- Starting conversations
- Asking great questions
- Making great comments
- Keeping our bodies focused
- Slowing down
- Using positive self-talk
- Giving compliments
- Sharing how we feel
- Tone of voice
- Having “just right” energy
- Personal space
- Taking turns
- Body language
- Being kind
- Solving problems
- Being flexible
- Understanding your feelings
- Reading the room
- Understanding perspective
- Using the right volume
- Using your brain’s filter
In addition, I've included these files to make the implementation of this resource even easier. All of them encourage your students to reflect on how well they understand and use the targeted skill.
- 1-page reflection questions poster
- Half-sheet, self-reflection sheets
- Self-assessment form with editable text boxes (for use on the computer if desired!)
- Editable Google Slide™️ version of the self-assessment form
- Two Google Forms™️ with the self-assessment and reflection questions!
During a session, each student can have their own focus sheet or the entire group can focus on the same skill together. These are particularly useful for mixed groups when you’re working on a language or articulation activity, but want your social skill students to be able to benefit and grow from the activity. Simply provide the focus sheet, teach & reinforce! These skills can be practiced during ANY activity including games!
Most of the focus sheets include a useful visual to help your students understand each skill, however this resource is most useful for readers. Age-appropriate graphics are used - no "baby" clip art!
To learn more about how I use this product, check out my blog post about this item here.
Check out other products I know you'll love below:
If you have any questions about this packet, please email me at email@example.com and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
☟ Let's stay in touch! Sign up for my email newsletter and follow me on social media to hear about freebies, new product releases, and helpful ideas for your therapy room! ☟