Teen level topics with language support! Do you have problems finding appropriate materials for solving problems with your older special needs students? If the level is right, the problems may be too young. If the problem is right, there isn't enough support for the language skills. This product may be right for you!
Students need to make their own inferences about what the problem could be after discussion of idioms, nonverbal language, facial expressions and emotions. Providing their own details about what the problem could be gives them make a connection to the story!
The problems are:
* missing your best friend
* sibling rivalry
* disapproving of classmates
* relationship problems
* a friend picking a fight
Each pictured problem comes with:
*a grayscale set for photocopying
* discussion questions and possible answers to guide you
* a worksheet for cause and effect, figuring out 2 ways to solve the problem and predicting what will happen next, with sentence supports for explaining
* a worksheet for explaining the problem, providing 2 solutions, with pros and cons, and justifying your solution
* a worksheet for telling the character's perspective, explaining idioms nonverbal language, facial expressions and telling emotions, identifying the size of the problem and what you should do/say to help resolve it.
There are also:
* an idiom dictionary sheet for the specific idioms used
* 5 worksheets for explaining the idioms
* 24 idiom cards and their meanings- great for matching and games
* a larger, separate photo
* a size of the problem thinking strategy sheet
PLEASE NOTE: The problems are not explained! Students use inference skills and their background knowledge to provide the details of the problem!
***SAVE money on this with my Social Inferences and Problem Solving Bundle
Be sure to check the preview to see if this is right for you! Still not sure? Just ask a question at my store and I'll be happy to help! Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language
You might also like:
Social Language Skills Bundle