Also included in
- This social skills lessons bundle focus on social skills for basic interactions, conversations, and empathy. Social skills can be taught by a regular education teacher, special education teacher, or other support professional. Social skills are critical for student success in and out of the classrooPrice $20.00Original Price $27.00Save $7.00
- This bundle includes lessons and task cards for teaching, discussing, and practicing social skills. Lessons focus on empathy, basic interactions, and conversation skills. Social skills can be taught by a regular education teacher, special education teacher, or other support professional. Social skilPrice $27.00Original Price $35.00Save $8.00
- Boost your elementary students' social skills and target social-emotional needs in the classroom with this huge bundle! The specific SEL skills targeted include basic interactions, conversations, empathy, friendships, dealing with conflicts, and more. Engaging activities include task cards, lessons,Price $49.00Original Price $72.00Save $23.00
- Teach social skills to improve positive behaviors in your classroom! Use this HUGE set of supports and activities to strengthen positive behaviors while reducing challenging ones. This social skills and behavior bundle includes social skills lessons, social skill task cards, social scripts and storiPrice $94.00Original Price $134.00Save $40.00
These social skills lessons focus on point of view, understanding feelings, perspective taking, I-statements, coping with emotions, and more. Teaching social skills is extremely important for all children to be successful in and out of school. Each lesson includes 2-3 pages and are split into three major parts: a description of the social skill rule and why it is important, ways to practice and role-play the skill, and discussion questions. Printable discussion cards are also included.
I've updated this resource to include a completely digital version for Google Drive!
The social skills lessons in this document are specifically targeting empathy and understanding feelings. The following skills are identified:
• Understanding your feelings
• Needing space or time to yourself
• Noticing the feeling of others
• Being sensitive to others
• Seeing others’ point of view, even when you disagree
• Listening to a friend
• How to cope with emotions
• Using “I” statements
• Changing your mood
• Bringing out the positive
• Using self-control
How to Teach Social Skills
You may choose to use these lessons in a small group or a whole class lesson. Either way, it is most important that students get a chance to interact, practice the skills, and discuss what they have learned through the discussion questions. Students should be encouraged to share responses aloud, talk out solutions to problems, and explain their reasons. It is important that social skills are taught and discussed so that students can generalize the skills to many areas in their life.
Regular education teachers, special education teachers, and other support professionals could all benefit from using these lessons. They are printable and require no prep!
Buy The Bundle and Save Over 20%!
Bundle includes over 350 pages focusing on teaching, discussing and practicing social skills. Includes 80 social skills task cards, social scripts, perspective-taking practice, social cue cards, and over 30 lessons with student worksheets.
Tips for Customers:
- Click here to follow my store for new resources and freebies.
- If you have questions, please contact me through Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
- Please consider leaving feedback on this resource to receive TpT credits! I always strive for 5 stars and love hearing your feedback.
Disclaimer: These resources are for supplementary support/education purposes and are not a replacement for education or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.