The characters in this Social Skills Pack are known as the ‘Challengers’ and the ‘Helpers’.
As ‘Challengers’ (negative behaviors) arise during the day, students can choose a ‘Helper’ to guide them through the situation and encourage positive behaviors.
These characters give students the opportunity to consider the behaviors of themselves and others, and realize that they have the confidence to fight the negative behavior with the optimistic attitudes of the ‘Helpers’.
Students will develop their vocabulary around their negative behaviors. They can use the characters to reflect and consider the issues at a distance without being embarrassed themselves.
Through their understanding of the behavior and its consequences to themselves and others, students will develop their social skills.
This pack includes:
• Twenty full page posters of the ten ‘Helpers’ and ten ‘Challengers’ (one per page)
• Twenty half page posters of the ‘Helpers’ and ‘Challengers’ (two per page)
• Twenty quarter page cards of the ‘Helpers’ and ‘Challengers’ (four per page)
• Two pages of charts, one for the ‘Helpers’ and one for the ‘Challengers’
• One chart showing the ‘Helpers’ and ‘Challengers’ and a matching black and white page for coloring in
• One printable booklet that should be printed on both sides of six pages
• A ‘Helpers’ versus ‘Challengers’ Power Point introducing the twenty characters (21 pages)
• Information for teachers ‘Developing Social Skills and Managing Behavior’ (three pages)
• Freebies included!
The contents of this pack, including the illustrations/clipart are for classroom use only and not for resale, reuse in a different product or distribution in any way. Copyright CC BY-NC-ND Not for Commercial Use
Thank you for looking!