This engaging game includes a board that is sized for three different types of paper (ledger, legal, or split into two halves on letter paper.) Easy to laminate and use repeatedly! In addition, the cards can be used with the game, adapted for use with other board games, or simply used flashcard-style.
54 question cards are included. Topics cover:
- Conversation - Students formulate an appropriate response for three similar but subtly different statements from classmates.
- Nonliteral language - Students give the meaning of commonly used nonliteral expressions.
- Flexible thinking and context clues - Students decide when it is ok to make an exception to a rule based on circumstances (for example, speaking out of turn if there is a true emergency,) and when it is not.
Appropriate for students with:
- Autism and autistic spectrum disorders
- Pragmatic language delays
- Difficulties with flexible thinking or reading social context
- Expressive language delay that impacts conversational ability