The Art of the Handshake
One of the keys to opening the door to social growth is being able to communicate effectively through a handshake. Handshaking is an essential part of our culture and often starts and ends conversations or meetings. This lesson is designed to teach students the importance of a handshake, how it communicates different messages, and how to perform a proper handshake.
Objectives: Students will be able to
• Explain why it is important to be able to perform a proper handshake.
• Identify the different messages a handshake can send.
• Explain when and why handshakes are given.
• Describe and perform a proper/professional handshake.
1) Detailed Lesson Plan
2) Reading Comprehension Worksheets
3) PowerPoint Presentation
4) Handshaking Scenario Worksheet
5) Analysis, The Art of a Handshake
Other helpful learning materials:
CRITICISM AT WORK
THE ART OF LISTENING
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated
Michael K. Powell