Social Skills Task Cards for Middle & High School SEL Activities
Also included in
- Practice social skills with middle and high school students with these engaging task cards, social scripts, and reminder cards. Topics addressed include situations in the hallways, lunchroom, locker, homework, working with partners, working with groups, and more. All materials are specifically desigPrice $26.00Original Price $33.00Save $7.00
- Use these lessons and activities to teach critical social skills to older learners. Units and activities teach about basic interactions, managing emotions, conversations, empathy, and perspective-taking. Just some of the lessons and activities target being respectful, following directions, acceptingPrice $85.00Original Price $115.00Save $30.00
Engaging social skills task cards and writing prompts to help middle and high school students build social-emotional skills for success! The 100+ cards are organized into five different sets that target different social skills: Basic Interactions, Conversations, Empathy, Friendships & Relationships, and Conflict Resolution Skills.
These cards are great for ALL students but especially learning with social challenges and needs. Use these task cards to allow students to discuss a variety of social situations and brainstorm for the best solutions in different scenarios. This includes students with autism, ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, and more.
- Basic Interactions - greetings, listening, being polite, helping others, personal space, giving compliments
- Conversations - showing you are interested, listening, answering questions, taking turns, avoiding interrupting, staying on topic, paying attention to social cues
- Empathy - facial expressions, body language, being sensitive to the needs of others, considering how others feel, perspective-taking, respectfully disagreeing
- Friendships - being kind and thoughtful, giving space to friends, being dependable, giving support, dealing with disagreements, being happy for others, communicating with friends
- Conflict Resolution - solving problems, considering possible solutions, understanding consequences, being honest, taking responsibility, apologizing, negotiation
Digital and Print Versions
A digital version is included in Google Drive to allow students to respond to cards on their own.
Integrate Social Skills AND Writing
Every task card has its own journal writing prompt page (both digital and printable). This allows students to respond orally and in writing to any prompt you want! It would be a great morning meeting activity or way to start groups by giving kids read the card, respond, and then discuss as a group.
How to Use the Task Cards
- Read 1-2 cards per day in a small guided group. Discuss and build skills together.
- Add cards to a ring. Read and discuss a few cards whenever you have extra time (before a break) to integrate social skills.
- Use during a social skills group with middle and high school students.
- Use during advisory period. Have students discuss and act our scenarios.
- Provide prompt pages for early finishers, integrating social skills into any content that you teach.
A template is also included so that you (or your students) can make individualized social skills task cards for specific needs. This can be a fun activity all on its own!
Suggested and possible answers are included!
Need MORE Secondary Level Social Skills?
This bundle is designed for middle and high school students with social skills challenges. It includes task cards, social scripts, and reminder cards. All materials are specifically designed for middle and high school students. The bundle includes 100 problem solving task cards for social situations, 30 social reminder cue cards, and 20 social scripts and narratives. Topics addressed include situations in the hallways, lunchroom, locker, homework, working with partners, working with groups, and more.
This is a HUGE mega bundle including social skills lessons and activities for middle and high school kids. Use these lessons and activities to teach critical social skills to older learners. Units and activities teach about basic interactions, managing emotions, conversations, empathy, and perspective-taking. Just some of the lessons and activities target being respectful, following directions, accepting criticism, working with others, understanding emotions, dealing with anger, understanding perspectives, accepting different perspectives, flexible thinking, understanding social cues, developing empathy, using perspectives to resolve conflicts, and MUCH more. This huge mega bundle includes 4 core units with 40 lessons, several sets of task cards, cue cards, and more activities to practice social learning.
Tips for Customers:
- If you have questions, please contact me through Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
- Please consider leaving feedback on this resource to receive TpT credits! I always strive for 5 stars and love hearing your feedback.
- Follow my store for notifications about new resources and freebies.
Disclaimer: These resources are for supplementary support/education purposes and are not a replacement for education or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.