WHAT ARE THEY AND WHY ARE THEY IMPORTANT?
Good social skills are critical for students to function in life. They can have a profound impact on a student’s academic performance, behavior, emotional development, and relationships. This lesson focus on teaching students what social skills are and why they are important, which is an important first step in creating a purpose and foundation for students that will be learning to improve their social skills.
1. Detailed lesson plan.
2. Reading comprehension worksheets
3. PowerPoint presentation that is linked to the reading
4. Intro Questions and Chart
5. Social Skills Graphic Organizer
6. Assessment ( Multiple Choice, True or False, and Fill-in)
Other lessons that you may find helpful:
THE ART OF LISTENING
GREETING OTHERS; OPENING THE DOOR TO COMMUNICATION
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated