Your students will get plenty of cognitive flexibility practice with these 42 task cards! Each card features a situation relatable to teens, where the student must work through questions to practice avoiding jumping to conclusions and identifying more than one possible interpretation of a given social scenario.
The expectations and complexity of language rapidly increases once students hit middle school and high school. I find some students can have difficulty understanding and accepting that there may be more than one possible explanation for a given situation. This can then result in assumptions being made which can hurt both the student and their relationships. It is a skill that is in demand at school, at home and as students enter the workplace.
Regular education teachers, special education teachers, SLPs, or other support professionals could all benefit from using these task cards with their students. These cards are specifically designed for middle and high school aged students.
*These task cards can be used for an individual, a small group or a class*
- Use the cards as a ‘side activity’ during a board game at home.
- Use these cards as a drill/flashcards.
Small group and/or classroom ideas:
- Put the task cards up in different parts of the room (or outside!) and have students walk around with the room with their answer sheets and clip boards.
- Have students get into pairs and go on a walk around the room and talk about their answers and thoughts together!
- Use a card or two each morning as part of a guided class discussion.
- Use the cards as a guide for a quiz. Use the flashcards to ask the class the questions, and get the students to write their answers on a sheet to hand up.
Includes coloured and black and white version.
More products like this:
Follow my store to get notifications for new products, sales and freebies!
***Don't forget to leave feedback! Leaving feedback will give you TPT credits that can be used on future purchases!***