These visual tools are especially supportive for students on the autistic spectrum, with speech and language delays, English Language Learners and students with difficulty self-regulating.
6 Pages Total
1. "My Plan for Play" is an behavoral and learning support for students who have communicatve, social or behavoral breakdowns during less structured times of the day. My Plan for Play is intended for use BEFORE play: to help a student plan out their play, to help figure out roles of peers, work out identified or patternered issues (such as difficulty sharing, negotiating, etc). It's also intended to support goal setting and planning skills by helping students SEE what they want to happen in the near future - an executive function skill that Tools of the Mind - endorses and practices.
This includes a mini social story- and space to sketch or write words related to plan, and functional, pro-social words on the bottom as visual cues.
2. My Plan for Choice Time is a also a mini social story, space for sketch/drawing a plan with pro-social words on the bottom.
3. My Plan for _______ is a blank version allows teachers the flexibilty to use for any activity or event, to rehearse important rules or social scripts, steps in a process, etc... This is to ADD to the verbal conversations and rehearsals we always have, but repeat.
4. The Block Center was especially designed for any student who has trouble with this particular area of play with peers. There is so much expected! What to make, how to divide up the blocks, etc... This is a mini social story and social scripts to practice before and during play.
5. Being Flexible- is a mini social story about being flexible, and teaches the language students may need during activities.
6. Last, a Blank Template for writing your own mini social story and 6 social scripts for that unique occasion. Try one!
Print out each one - make several copies - and use again and again. Teach all your students to think ahead. Anticipate the language they will need. Help them practice the skills to be successful.
You may also like Social Story Cheat Sheet
and School to Home Communication Forms!
You may also like Playdough Visuals
to teach concepts and skills during natural play!
Thank you for Supporting your Students!