Social Story- A story that helps a child to understand a situation or event.
- This is a story I wrote one evening for a six year old girl I was working with.
- It is very basic and the illustrations are very simple.
- It helped her to understand that, making up stories about other children could upset them.
- It helped her to understand that, making up stories about other children might make her feel uncomfortable.
- It helped her to understand that, making up stories has consequences.
- Writing bespoke stories, targeted at an individual child, can quickly deal with issues that arise.
- Stories shared in the classroom or at home helped us to work as a team.
- Bespoke, targeted, Speech and language resources, address the needs of an individual child.