This is an All About ME Pennant that is not the average All About Me activity - it is unique! Have a look at the thumbnails.
1) Record a place they want to learn about (find it on a map, plus record a nearby waterbody and landform)
2) Write about an historical event that happened on their birthday
3) Write the name of a historical figure that they would like to meet (and what they would ask them)
4) Write about an historical event that they know a lot about
5) Write about how they will make history (I used this as a section to record what they may like to be when they grow up).
I let my students use computers to complete this All About Me Activity. If they don’t know a lot about a historical event or person, then I let them research on the computer. I use http://www.onthisday.com to have students look up what happened in history on their birthday. However, use the site at your own discrestion. If you do use the site, set parameters with your students as to what kinds of events are acceptable to write on the pennant. An alternative is to have students ask their parents about the day of their birth and record that information instead. All kids like to hear about the day they were born! I’ve provided a second pennant with a “Family” section rather than the “History Happened on My Birthday” section.