- If you teach middle school Social Studies then you know that you NEED to have a supply of resources to get your students engaged and excited about the content. What I’ve put together for you are 5 resources I use in my 8th grade U.S. History class to make Social Studies more enjoyable to my student$64.00$80.00Save $16.00
- When I first started teaching middle school Social Studies over 15 years ago I remember feeling like I could hardly keep my head above water! I hope you'll find these ready-to-go products useful and that they make staying afloat less stressful. Here's what you are getting with these five products:$9.80$14.00Save $4.20
- I know what it's like on that night before school starts where you're thinking, "How can I get them excited about coming to Social Studies class?" Here are 10 resources that are going to take the stress off of you the night before the first day back because you'll know that you have plenty to keep$20.50$41.00Save $20.50
- This Social Studies Bulletin Board Bundle is going to save you time and money by having resources available for you to print out at the click of a button and display. I save myself a lot of time by having classroom helpers put up my bulletin boards, which those students who love to help are always$15.80$19.75Save $3.95
- This Social Studies Bulletin Board Bundle is going to save you time and money by having resources available for you to print out at the click of a button and display. I save myself a lot of time by having classroom helpers put up my bulletin boards, which those students who love to help are always$6.20$7.75Save $1.55
- These bulletin boards are going to be a hit with your students and the best part is, all you have to do is print and staple! Be sure to check out my blog for weekly updates, sale announcements, and the FLASH FREEBIES I'll be putting out this year goes to help you in your own classroom! Have a gre$29.99$50.71Save $20.72
Social Studies Bulletin Board. This is my favorite bulletin board I put up all year! From pop music to political leaders to world record holders -- this bulletin board covers a broad array of 40 people in history with their photo, what they were known for, and their actual height in feet and inches.
I love hearing students say, "I'm as tall as the Queen of England!" Or maybe, "I didn't know we had a president who was only 5'4" tall!" My favorite is when they see Robert Pershing Wadlow who was the tallest human ever recorded at 8'11"!
Included in this bulletin board is a printable 9-foot ruler I've created (which needs to be printed on either 8.5x14 inch or 11x17 inch paper) so students can visually see how tall these figures in history were compared to how tall they are. Also include are 40 oval shaped images to be cut out and taped on your wall, or pinned to a bulletin board. I don't have a bulletin board right outside of my classroom so I had to resort to taping them on the wall as you can see in the preview photos. I usually have students do the cutting and taping of the photos and ruler to give them a sense of ownership.
The 40 individuals included are:
Chandra Bahadur Dangi, Lady Gaga, Joan of Arc, Yuri Gagarin, Rosa Parks, President James Madison, Queen Elizabeth II, Ludwig van Beethoven, Average Female Height, Mahatma Gandhi, Marilyn Monroe, Malala Yousafzai, Winston Churchill, Napoleon Bonaparte, Harry Houdini, Julie Andrews, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Vincent van Gogh, Pelé, Orville Wright, Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Mark Twain, Average Male Height, Wilbur Wright, Henry Ford, Walt Disney, Charles Darwin, Neil Armstrong, Nelson Mandela, Christopher Columbus, President John F. Kennedy, Elvis Presley, Barack Obama, Thomas Jefferson, Muhammad Ali, Leonardo da Vinci, Abraham Lincoln, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Robert Pershing Wadlow.
*All images used are in the public domain and copyright free. The image of Chandra Bahadur Dangi is authorized via the Creative Commons licensure and is attributed to Krish Dulal.
I teach 8th grade U.S. History and have many other items related to history that you may find useful as well. Be sure to check out the bundles in my store for big savings compared to buying each item individually.
For a GREAT classroom management tool check out my BEST-SELLER!
See ALL of my History Resources!
You Might Also Like My Paintings Recreation Series
...and many more! Just "CLICK HERE!"
FOR THE BEST DEAL ON 10:
For other drawing activities:
Connect with Surviving Social Studies...
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the ‘Follow Me’ next to my logo to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram
Thanks for stopping by!
Surviving Social Studies
Copyright ©Surviving Social Studies. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). The images in this file were all located in the public domain. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.