Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
This is a bundle of my popular scaffolded social studies units:
Purchasing this bundle will save you 25% off purchasing the units individually.
Long Ago & Now
Long Ago & Now is a social studies unit to help students understand how their lives relate to things and events long ago.
The unit includes:
• Vocabulary cards in two formats
• In-Depth article with fact sort, comprehension questions and QR codes
• Mini-book that supports the article and compare and contrast artifacts.
• Compare and contrast artifacts long ago & today: sort, interactive notebook component, and scaffolded compare and contrast pages
• Family Tree & Grandparent (or older relative) interview: includes comparing students' lives to their grandparents' lives.
• Timeline: students choose important events in their own lives.
The parent letters come with both an English and Spanish translations.
The writing activities are scaffolded in three ways: (1) with sentence frames, (2) by asking students to write two sentences, or even (3) write an entire paragraph. The writing activities with "Artifacts Long Ago & Now" help prepare students for a similar writing activity in the "Grandparent Interview".
Most of the pages have both a primary and intermediate line option, except the pages sent home, which include the Family Tree and Grandparent Interview.
Map Skills: Location, Location, Location
This social studies unit focuses helps students learn map skills in second grade.
The unit includes:
• Letter & Number Grid Maps (for the classroom, school, and neighborhood)
• Map of North America (for labeling and understanding essential map components)
• Where did your Ancestors Live? (to help students trace their heritage)
• Rural, Urban, and Suburban (description and compare and contrast)
Each of these sections are built with scaffolding and help students move from oral language production to written work. Sentence frames and vocabulary cards are provided.
Most of the pages have both a primary and intermediate line option.
The parent letter comes in both Spanish and English.
Biography Research Report QR Codes
Do your students struggle finding information on famous historical figures? Do you have technology in your classroom that could help, but aren't sure how to get all of your students to access the web sites they need?
These QR Codes for Biography Research Reports are just what you need. Each historical figure has a page with QR codes for both web sites and videos that students can use to access additional information beyond a textbook or book.
The web site QR Codes mainly lead students to these web sites: Duckster, Mr. Nussbaum, Biography.com. In a few instances, information was not available on those sites, so students are directed toward other child friendly web sites.
The videos QR Codes are mainly from Biography.com and Youtube. Youtube vides are routed through Safeshare. Unfortunately, some of the Biography.com videos are not available on YouTube so they cannot be put through Safeshare. The Biography.com videos do contain advertisements.
Biographical Figures include:
Political Leaders: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln
Woman Leaders: Helen Keller, Susan B. Anthony, Betsy Ross, Amelia Earhart, Bessie Coleman, Sally Ride, Clara Barton, Harriet Tubman
African American Leaders: Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, Thurgood Marshall, Booker T. Washington, Frederick Douglas, Ruby Bridges, Sojourner Truth
Inventors & Scientists: Alexander Graham Bell, Garrett Morgan, Thomas Edison, George Washington Carver, Benjamin Franklin, The Wright Brothers
Athletes: Jackie Robinson, Jesse Owens
Biography Report for ANY Person
A Biography Report and biography project resource for any person. Students can use the activities and report for a presentation or complete a genre study of biographies. Includes graphic organizers for research, genre posters, full-page report pages, half-page report pages, trifold report, lap book in two sizes, and construction paper people in two sizes.
This Biography Report can be used for any historical person and is great for social studies biography unit or reading informational writing and research unit. It includes five different report options with a variety of pages from which to pick and choose.
All About Laws & How Nations Get Along
All About Laws & How Nations Get Along is a social studies unit to supplement teaching about laws and governments for second grade students.
The unit includes:
• Lesson plans
• Vocabulary cards
• Original text that details how we make laws, carry out laws, enforce laws and punish wrongdoers.
• Original text that details how nations interact with one another by helping each other, sharing their culture, making treaties, diplomacy, and military force.
• Activities for each text that helps students go deeper with the content and reflect on their learning
• Written assessment where students synthesize their understanding of how laws are made and how nations interact with one another.
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for a FREE RESOURCE
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.