This booklet fits with the new (2013) Ontario Social Studies curriculum for Grade 1.
** This booklet can be purchased along with 3 others (sanitation worker, teacher, and librarian) for $4.00 in my Community Occupations Booklet 4-Pack #1
** This is also part of my Grade 1 Social Studies Kit (Ontario Revised Curriculum, 2013)
It addresses the job of farmers. Students will:
- write the word "farmer" on primary printing lines
- draw a picture of or write where they work
- draw a picture of or write what tools they use
- describe what services they provide in the community
- draw or write what would happen if there were no farmers
- colour a picture of a farmer (male and female versions included)
SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS ADDRESSED:
"B1.1 describe some of the ways in which people make use of natural and built features of, and human services in, the local community to meet their needs, and what might happen if these features/services did not exist
B1.2 identify some services and service-related occupations in their community and describe how they meet people’s needs, including their own needs
B2.5 evaluate evidence and draw conclusions about some aspects of the interrelationship between people and natural and built features of their local community, and some of the effects of this interrelationship
B3.1 identify some of the natural and built features of their community
B3.7 identify some of the services in the community for which the government is responsible and describe key responsibilities of people in the community in relation to those services"
* The Ontario Curriculum: Social Studies (Grades 1 to 6) & History and Geography (Grades 7 and 8) - 2013
Other Occupation Booklets:
* Sanitation Worker
* Bus Driver
Local & Global Communities Integrated Activity - Social Studies, Language, and Music
Please leave feedback - and earn points toward TPT money for future purchases!