In this Social Studies leveled text bundle, there are 45 differentiated nonfiction DIGITAL reading passages from the era of the American Indian Cultures to the 13 Colonies. You will receive links to access the passages via Google Slides. If you do not use Google Classrooms or plan to use this resource via Google Slides, this resource is not for you! We have a regular version available here!
It is differentiated for your high, mid, and lower level students. Integrate social studies content with your reading texts and meet each reader's needs with this set. There are several types of questions included for further differentiation and teacher preference. Students may fill in the blank, circle multiple choice questions, fill in a timeline based on the passage, or answer a writing prompt.
*PLEASE* DOWNLOAD THE PRODUCT PREVIEW for information regarding each topic to give you a better idea of what you will receive! There are high, medium, and low passages designated by a square, triangle, and circle in the top left corner of every passage for easy & discreet coding for the teacher, while students all appear to have the same assignment. Perfect for guided reading small groups, homework, assessments, sub plans, no prep center or literacy station work, and independent practice--at each student's own level! This resource perfectly aligns with newly revised Georgia Standards of Excellence for third grade but is written for any teacher or homeschooling parent across the United States to use and enjoy with their students!
$Why should I purchase this passage set?$
• Textbooks aren't what they used to be...if we have them at all. Often textbooks are written well above grade level and simply aren't interested. I use my love of history to make passages engaging and informative for all levels of readers!
• Teach across the curriculum! Show your administration how you integrate and differentiate by implementing during guided reading groups, center time, or in a regular social studies block
• Perfect for last minute print & go sub plans, morning work, & homework
• In my own classroom, they are often used at the end of a unit for review, as study guides, and even test prep
• Have students with accommodations? Instantly assess them at THEIR LEVEL while meeting IEP goals!
How Does This Resource Make Me A Better Teacher?
• Your time is precious & the standards are plentiful
By integrating across content whenever possible, you save time and your students see connections across the curriculum!
• Differentiated Instruction is no longer optional-it is a must! There is no one-size-fits-all classroom. These passages are an easy way to check that off of your never-ending teacher to-do list!
• Reach your entire class with the same quality content. Each student in your class deserves a fair chance at the content. Let their passion for science and social studies thrive, regardless of their reading ability. While passages appear very similar, I can assure you hours of researching and writing have occurred on my behalf to ensure that each level is appropriate for your learners.
Check out my entire Third Grade Native American Indian Cultures to Colonization UNIT BUNDLE
3rd Grade Science Passages for the Year!
Interactive Science Sorts for the Year!
Have a question? Click here to send me an email!
Let's stay in touch!
Check out our website for teaching tips, ideas, & freebies!
Subscribe to videos on Youtube
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook
Thanks for your support & Happy Teaching!-Bowtie Guy & Wife
© 2017 Bowtie Guy This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.