Social Studies Interactive Notebook: Community Helpers and Communities
This interactive notebook unit has a variety of community helpers and rural, suburban and urban communities. These activities were designed to be simple yet effective, so that more time can be spent on instruction instead of construction of the activities. Once copied, students will mostly just have to cut and fold.
Included in this unit are:
- Simple foldables for community helpers and communities
- Can, Have, Are charts for community helpers and communities
- Booklets that can be used as an end of unit assessment or to be a mini chapter book for each community helper and community
- Community helpers in this unit: police officers, doctors, nurses, chefs, construction workers, veterinarians, garbage collectors, crossing guards, teachers, farmers, postal workers and firefighters.
- Communities: urban, suburban and rural.
- Can be used for 1st-3rd grades and differentiation
© 2014 The Thematic Fanatic, Samantha Zavala