I am so pleased to offer you 45 social studies standards-based reading passages on a significantly lower reading level. The possibilities are endless with these intervention texts. Use them for cold reads, study guides, RTI progress monitoring, differentiated tests for the content area, homework, ESL modifications, SPED accommodations, or even as a “mini-textbook”! There is no need for the student to attempt to read text books written well above their frustration level when they can practice reading, and more importantly, be successful with this! These passages were designed with your most struggling readers in mind. These are students who are significantly below reading level and need access to social studies concepts like their peers. PLEASE NOTE: Passages include the same general information about the content, but include mainly the most important key concepts and vocabulary. You will notice differences in sentence structure and complexity. Some wording has been simplified. If you would like more information about our leveled texts, please read our blog at www.bowtieguyandwife.com or feel free to email us. We hope these texts give confidence to your learners who need it the most!
Click on the preview to see the table of contents with the specific topics included, along with the Guided Reading levels. Please download the preview to see everything! Aligned to the new standards for implementation 2017-2018 Georgia Standards of Excellence for third grade. No state specific wording is included, this resource is useful to teach many topics from Early American Civilizations through the 13 colonies, no matter where you are located, with guided reading levels ranging from I to N.
$Why should I purchase this passage set?$
• Textbooks aren't what they used to be...if we have them at all. Often textbooks are written well above grade level and simply aren't interesting. I use my love of social studies to make passages engaging and informative for all levels of readers!
• Teach across the curriculum! Show your administration how you integrate and differentiate by implementing during guided reading groups, center time, or in a regular social studies block
• Perfect for last minute print & go sub plans, morning work, & homework
• In my own classroom, they are often used at the end of a unit for review, as study guides, and even test prep
• Have students with accommodations? Instantly assess them at THEIR LEVEL while meeting IEP goals!
How Does This Resource Make Me A Better Teacher?
• Your time is precious & the standards are plentiful
By integrating across content whenever possible, you save time and your students see connections across the curriculum!
• Differentiated Instruction is no longer optional-it is a must!
There is no one-size-fits-all classroom. These passages are an easy way to check that off of your never-ending teacher to-do list!
• Reach your entire class with the same quality content.
Each student in your class deserves a fair chance at the content. Let their passion for science and social studies thrive, regardless of their reading ability. While passages appear very similar, I can assure you hours of researching and writing have occurred on my behalf to ensure that each level is appropriate for your learners.
Looking for a general Declaration of Independence Passage? Click here!
Declaration of Independence Sort
Declaration of Independence Task Cards
Declaration of Independence Crossword Puzzle
Declaration of Independence Vocabulary Activity
Government Mega Bundle
Best Selling Government Differentiated Passages
Don't Miss All of My Newest Products!
Have a question? Click here to send me an email!
Let's stay in touch!
→Check out our website for teaching tips, ideas, & freebies!
→Subscribe to videos on Youtube
→Follow us on Instagram
→Follow us on Facebook
Thanks for your support & Happy Teaching!-Bowtie Guy & Wife
© 2017 Bowtie Guy This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.