Grade Levels: 3rd to 5th
In order to have fun while studying current events, the students will create questions and answers to use in a game similar to Jeopardy. The students will also develop cooperative skills by working together in groups. By learning about current events, students can better learn about the events that affect American culture.
• The students will read about current events to find possible questions and answers for the Jeopardy game.
• The students will use their cooperative learning skills to decide which questions are to be used, the price of each question according to it’s difficulty, and who will be the group secretary.
• The students will develop study skills for finding the most important information in an article.
• The students will demonstrate an attitude of respect for others and tolerance for ideas while working together cooperatively.
• Light colored markers or highlighters
• Chalkboard in front of the classroom
• Red, blue and white chalk
• Current Event Jeopardy worksheet
This lesson is part of a whole unit:
Check out all of my other Social Studies lesson plans in my store: