Learn about your students' thoughts and feelings about social studies at the start of the year by having them complete this two-page questionnaire.
Included questions are:
1. What topics did you learn about last year in social studies?
2. What was your favorite part about social studies last year? Why?
3. Do you like social studies class? Why or why not?
4. What is one thing about social studies that can be difficult for you? Why?
5. This year, our focus will be on __________________________.
What do you already know about this topic? Share what you know in the box below. You can share facts, words, or anything
that comes to mind about the topic above.
6. What are some things you hope that we will do in social studies class this year? Are there any special projects or activities you might like to do?
7. As your teacher, what I can do to help you be successful in social studies class?
Please view the thumbnails to see the sample pages.
You may also want to check out my "Less Mess" Social Studies Interactive Notebook Activities as well.
Check out my Social Studies Textbook Scavenger Hunt.
Please note: This questionnaire comes in other versions as well:
Math Questionnaire (Back to School)
Science Questionnaire (Back to School)