Social Studies Reading Comprehension Kit BUNDLE
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Also included in
- Digital Reading Comprehension Mini-Lessons MEGA BUNDLE: SCIENCE AND SOCIAL STUDIES For Distance LearningLooking for an easy way to build reading comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency, all while covering science and social studies concepts? Then this Science and Social Studies Reading ComprehensionPrice $29.00Original Price $48.00Save $19.00
Social Studies Reading Comprehension Mini-Lessons BUNDLE: SOCIAL STUDIES
Looking for an easy way to build reading comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency, all while engaging your distance learning students while they learn more about different social studies topics? Then this Social Studies Reading Comprehension Mini-Lesson BUNDLEis for you!
Buy the bundle and Save
This bundle includes all 6 of the Social Studies Reading Comprehension Mini-Lessons! Purchasing this unit will save you 30% off the cover price!
Perfect for 2nd and 3rd grade!
This lesson kit bundle is designed to be used in your 2nd or 3rd grade classroom and includes teacher files and print and digital student files.
Each passage is leveled between 400-700 Lexile!
MORE DIGITAL CLASSROOM RESOURCES
Teacher Files include:
- Directions on how to use these files in your classroom as well as how to use in your Google ™ Classroom or upload them into your Microsoft 365.
- 5 Day Lesson Plan suggestions- follow the lesson plan guide or use it as needed in your classroom.
- Suggestions on how to use as part of other learning routines including small group and science.
- Answer Keys- includes answer keys for easy grading.
Print and Digital Student Files include:
- 6 Social Studies Passages- This bundle includes 6 nonfiction social studies themed passages that are interesting and engaging for learners. They also include text features like bolded words and engaging graphics. They are written to engage your reader from beginning to end.
Passage themes covered in this bundle:
-Maps and Globes
-Goods and Services
- Vocabulary Practice- Help build your student’s content vocabulary with this activity page.
- Quick Questions- These questions help students cover the who, what, where, when, why, and how. Perfect for a quick spot check of comprehension.
- Reading Strategy- Help students develop a deeper understanding of text comprehension week after week with reading strategies. Students complete the graphic organizer to help them work through their thinking.
- Written Response- Students take their learning forward with this written response activity. Students use the text and the text features to explain how a butterfly moves through its life cycle.
- Interactive Activity- Each pack also includes an interactive activity that students can complete to further their learning.
This File Includes:
Social Studies Themes:
- Find it on the Map!- Students learn more about maps and globes. Students work to better understand physical and political maps. Reading strategy: Main idea and details.
- Citizens Make a Difference- Students learn about what a citizen is, how they can become a naturalized citizen, and what are some rights and responsibilities of citizens in a community. Reading Strategy: Author's Opinion
- First Americans- Students learn more about the first Americans and why they are an important part of American history. The article includes a spotlight on different tribes that lived in different regions of the United States and how they used the natural resources available to them to build homes, create clothing, food, and travel. Reading Strategy: compare and contrast
- Immigration-Students learn more about the different reasons people immigrated to the United States throughout history. Also includes how immigration has shaped America. Reading Strategy: Text features: Understanding a timeline
- Goods and Services- Students learn more about the importance of goods and services and how we use them in our everyday lives. Students also learn about why certain goods are made, as well as how the US trades with other countries to fill needs. Reading strategy: Author's Purpose
- Government- Students learn more about America's Government and why governments are formed. Students also learn about the three levels of government: local, state, and national, and how each level provides different services to its citizens. Students also learn about the importance of taxes. Reading Strategy: Ask and Answer Questions
PLEASE NOTE: due to the nature of this product, you can email this file to parents or upload them to a password-protected classroom. You may not, however, edit or change the file and or sell it for your own personal gain. This product is NOT licensed to be used in a for-profit educational classroom like Outschool.
Customer Tips: ✅
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to
login). Besides each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly! :-)
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store. ☺
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
❤️ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher
©Leigh A Langton, LLC at The Applicious Teacher