This "Jeopardy-style" review game* will enrich and supplement the way a Social Studies unit is reinforced in the classroom.
The game provides the teacher with an effective method of review that allows the students to play against each other in pairs, while motivating them not only to use their acquired knowledge and be challenged by it, but also to have fun with it.
The categories are: Geography, People, Food, Society, School.
A great asset for any middle-school Social Studies program that will simplify the review process for the teacher and significantly increase the enthusiasm of your students in class; so be prepared!
*Note: requires the free download of the "Jeopardy Board" file available in my product list.
Put everything in the same folder, open the game board first, and then type in the title of the game text file EXACTLY as it appears in the download: SocialStudiesReviewGameIntroToJapan (you may want to shorten it to "Intro To Japan" first). Click "Launch" and away you go!
- Divide class into teams of 2 or 3 and number them
- Make sure each team has a sheet of paper on which to write answers
- Launch the game file
- Set the number of teams and the time allowed (20 seconds is good)
- Start with Team 1 (they get to pick the category and question)
- All teams write down an answer to the question picked
- When the buzzer sounds, Team 1 answers
- Answer is revealed
- Points awarded for all teams
- Choice of category and question passes to Team 2 and play continues thus
- When all teams have had a chance to choose category and question, do the second round in reverse order so that they get the advantage of the first pick this time.