After thoroughly studying social studies units, students will create a scrapbook page (that has information on both the back and front) to summarize what you learned in a creative way.
On each page you will need to include:
• Title (including the name of the civilization)
• 10-12 main facts or points to remember that could be topic sentences
• 3 elaboration paragraphs about three of the facts on your list
• Pictures/clip art/illustrations reflecting the culture
• Background, borders and/or other embellishments
This project may either be created on the computer using clipart, color ink, nice paper OR the crafty way by using the colored paper, scissors, glue sticks or other school materials in school but check at home for wrapping paper, scrapbooking supplies, ribbon, or even take a trip to a craft store like Michael’s.
This unit comes with two examples, templates and category ideas for: Archaeology, Geography, Culture, Mesopotamia, Greece, Rome, Egypt, and the Hebrew Kingdoms. There is a rubric to grade thee scrapbooks with and an assignment sheet to hand out to students.