The Social Studies song lyrics can be used to kick off each lesson and can be sung to the upbeat, fun tune of "Want U Back" by Cher Lloyd! These lyrics cover such a large variety of material that it can be used for months at a time! Your students will learn tons of main ideas, and key points beginning with the Ice Age all the way through the American Revolution. That's over 10,000 years worth of history!
Over 3 minutes worth of facts (the entire song) cover the following topics:
-The Ice Age
- Migration and adapting to surroundings
- Migration routes
- Using Big Game for food, shelter, and tools
- Where the first to America came from
- Origin stories and their purpose
- Different environments have different cultures
- Early colonists used cash crops for money, and had to fight the cold weather and disease
- The British and their King
- The purpose of European Exploration (Gold, and other riches)
- The Northwest Passage
* And the highlight of the song: A Rap Battle between the Colonists and the British! Students rap back and forth regarding the causes of the American Revolution!*
In my class I split the students into 2 groups, and encourage them to memorize their parts without looking. The kids absolutely love this, and really take ownership of their roles!
This song has been a huge hit in my classroom, and I have been able to use it for many units throughout my social studies instruction because it covers so many main ideas. Sing it acapella or use an instrumental version to help create an exciting learning environment where dry social studies content becomes "history!"
Please rate this product and leave feedback!
Thank you so much.
Check out my other products below!
Circulatory System Song
Force and Motion Song
End of the Year Awards and Memory Book Printables
Classroom Behavior Management Freebie
3 States of Matter Song to the tune of “I’ve Got the Magic” by B.O.B.
Fraction Song to the tune of “Cruise” by Florida Georgia Line
Solar System Song to the tune of “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz
Heredity and Evolution Song to the tune of “Soul Sister” by Train
Fraction, Decimal, Percent Bundle
Place Value Matching (Fraction, Decimal, Percent, and Word Form)
Valentine’s Day Math, Literacy, and Other Activities
St. Patrick's Day Math, Literacy, and Other Activities
Good Character Traits Poster Set
Create Your Own Class Song Freebie
3rd Grade Math “I Can…” Statements
Chess Lingo Printable
Classroom Economy Freebie
Student Assessment and Data Tracker Freebie
Classroom End of the Year Awards