These writing assignments encourage students to learn social thinking skills. These writing assignments were created for students with autism and similar disabilities, but are applicable for any student who has a difficult time responding appropriately in stressful or provoking situations.
These social thinking writing assignments address the following situations:
• Fighting over lining up first for recess
• Letting friends watch while you play a game
• Feeling angry & frustrated about doing math
• Feeling upset about ending a break to go back to work
• Feeling angry when you don’t get what you want
• Feeling upset about the last day of school