This 56 page social and emotional learning unit is loaded with activities, graphic organizers, and interactive notebook templates that will help your students gain a better understanding of emotions, dealing with tough emotions, establishing and maintaining positive relationships, and problem solving skills. One of the highlights of this unit is a set of 14 emotion cards. These emotion cards show images of children showing a variety of different emotions, 3 graphic organizers that can be used in conjunction with the emotion cards, and 6 question cards (that can be used as discussion questions or as a writing exercise for students). These 14 emotion cards can be used in a variety of different ways. Their purpose is to make students think about the different emotions, how people show emotions, why people show emotions, how to recognize the different emotions, relating to people who are showing emotions, and creating a sense of empathy.
This unit also includes:
1. Directions for Emotions Cards
2. Supporting material for emotion cards including: (6 question cards, a put myself in their shoes template, a problem and solution graphic organizer, and a problem solving strategies graphic organizer).
3. 14 emotion cards
4. Role playing with emotion cards activity
5. Pleasant feeling words poster and unpleasant feeling words poster
6. Feeling words game
7. List as many feeling words as you can with a partner activity
8. The ABC’s of emotions
9. Opposite feeling words star template
10. When I am feeling sad foldable
11. Goals for being a better friend heart tabs activity
12. Colours and emotions activity (includes class tally sheet).
13. Emotion rocks activity
14. How do feelings look (draw the faces)
15. My feelings art activity
16. Write a story with feeling words. (includes directions, a list of feeling words, and writing paper).
17. Problem solving pie interactive notebook activity
18. My kindness flower interactive notebook activity
19. Class kindness chain (includes template and directions)
20. Make a Friendship bracelet for a friend (includes template and directions)
21. My support network foldable