Most introductory sociology courses require a discussion on deviance and conformity. This activity fits nicely into such a unit. This activity requires students to create a crime scrapbook, use other students’ crime scrapbooks to analyze and practice implementing sociological theory, and finally, to watch “Solitary Nation” from Frontline and consider the nature of prisons in the United States.
Here’s What You Get:
1. Ideas for Implementation Page with a link to “Solitary Nation”
2. Crime Scrapbook Handout with Rubric and QR Code
3. Analyzing Crime Scrapbooks Worksheets with QR Codes and web addresses
4. “Solitary Nation” Film Guide
If you like this, be sure to check out my other sociology products. More sociology materials coming soon!
***How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases***
• Go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a “Provide Feedback” button. Click it and you will go to a page where you can give a rating and leave a comment for the product
***Be the first to hear about my new products and discounts***
• Look for the green star near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive updates about my store.
Be sure to check out my blog for stories, resources, and ideas! My Blog