This game contains rhyming CVC words for Kinder and 1st grade students and can be used several ways:
1. Students can simply practice blending CVC words during small group instruction or with a friend.
2. Using a smaller number of paired cards, students may play Match It by turning over two cards at a time and identifying the rhyming pairs.
3. The game can be played like "Go Fish" with each player receiving 5 cards to begin the game and then asking for " . . .a word that rhymes with ____."
4. Players take turns drawing cards and sounding out the CVC words. They lay down rhyming pairs as they identify them.
5. Players turn one card over at a time and place it face up between them. The first player to say the word correctly wins the card. The person with the most cards at the end of the game is the winner.
6. Player chooses a card in turn, reads the CVC word and produces a word that rhymes with it. If player's word rhymes, the card is retained. If not, it goes on the bottom of the stack.