Socratic Seminar is a great way to draw students into higher level discussion. Because students have an opportunity to prepare for the discussion, you will find some less confident speakers suddenly have a voice! This also allows for student leaders to step up and direct the discussion.
The best is letting your students take the reigns and the teacher can step back and watch the discussion commence!
This bundle includes:
• Explanations and tips for worksheet uses
• Worksheet #1: Discussion Preparation Graphic Organizer
• Worksheet #2a: Socratic Seminar Guidelines
• Worksheet #2b: Socratic Seminar Roles and Self-Evaluation
• Worksheet #3: Discussion Rubric—Common Core Aligned
• Worksheet #4: Class Discussion Graphic Organizer
• Filled-in examples of each worksheet