**UPDATED** Please download again to get the newer, bigger, better version!
I've always wanted to try out a Socratic Seminar that all the High School teachers were talking about. So, I designed a version for Middle School! This packet includes everything that you need to start a Socratic Seminar in your Middle School classroom, including:
- the steps in the process so your students understand exactly what to do
- the rules for your students
- two rubrics (one for their notes and one for the question they will be developing)
- 65 question stems, differentiated using Bloom's keywords and verbs to help your students develop their own question for the discussion
- Discussion Starters to help your students keep the conversation going
-all of the standards that this will cover
-a "Fire Seat" sign for your designated Fire Seat
-an explanation of how your students will be graded so everyone understands
-a grading sheet for the teacher to fill out and calculate the grade for the student
This packet has easy, self-explanatory directions for teachers and students to understand and is turn-key and ready to go for you to start a Socratic Seminar in your classroom tomorrow with any novel or text! Please feel free to email me with any questions you might have!