Teach the basics of the Soft G sound in this interactive SMART Board resource! Ready to go! No prep! All you need to do is connect your SMART Board and you’re ready! What a fun way for your students to practice the soft g sound! My students love it and so will yours!
62 pages of SMART Board Activities to support your reading, phonics, and spelling instruction!
This unit includes the following:
• 8 SMART Board pages on identifying the soft g sound and distinguishing between the soft g and hard g sounds.
• 34 SMART Board pages on reading words with the soft g spelling patterns of “ge,” “gi,” and “gy.”
• 12 SMART Board pages on writing words with the soft g. spelling patterns.
• 8 Title pages with quick links to skill practice and vocabulary.
Within this unit students will learn the soft g sound in isolation as well as in the context of spoken and written words. Students will explore blending sounds into whole words. Students will apply this knowledge of the soft g sound while writing and reading new words.
This unit supports a variety of different learning styles that naturally lend to differentiation. A variety of activities are available for student practice…just choose based on your specific students’ needs.
Your students will be able to:
• Identify the soft g /j/ sound.
• Distinguish between the soft g /j/ sound and the hard g /g/ sound.
• Recognize the soft g spelling patterns of “gi,” “ge,” and “gy.”
• Read words with the soft g spelling patterns.
• Write words with the soft g spelling patterns.
You will also find the pages are either self-correcting or they have answer keys.
62 pages in all!
Check out these products:
Best Deal: Soft C and Soft G Bundle for the SMART Board
Soft C Instruction for the SMART Board
Please note: This file is made to use SMART Notebook software. You should have this software to use the file. It is not compatible with other interactive whiteboard software such as ActivBoard (Active Inspire) or Promethean boards.