Each year I include the soft “c” and soft “g” words as part of my phonics instruction, because I think that it is important for students to know the rule for these words. The problem that I have had is that I couldn’t find many resources for teaching these words. I created this packet to help with this problem.
The worksheets included in this packet provide students with the practice of the soft “c” and soft “g” words. They do this through the use of four different formats.
- Blank Spaces – Students use the words in the word bank to fill in
the blank spaces provided. Students use the number of spaces
available to help decide where the words can fit.
- Fill in the Word – Students use the words from the word bank to
complete the given sentences.
- Word Search – Students search the puzzle for words from the
- Rainbow Writing – Students use colored pencils or crayons to
write the words from the word bank.
- Scrambled Words – Students unscramble the given word to
produce the words provided in the word bank.