Also included in
- Are you looking for easy ways to integrate STEM career exploration and make your NGSS lessons more relevant and engaging? With this introductory STEM career exploration curriculum, turn every lesson into a STEM lesson, and effortlessly make career connections! Featuring over 300 pages worth of engag$90.85$100.94Save $10.09
Why would an investor care about dirt? In this Soil Science Shark Tank lesson and project spanning three 90 minute class periods, students learn how minerals get deposited where they do and analyze real ore deposits. On day two, students work as soil scientists to convince an investor to invest in the minerals at their specific site, Shark Tank-style!
Student Learning Objectives:
-Summarize how minerals get deposited in specific locations
-Analyze real ore deposits and explain how those minerals became concentrated
-Apply understandings of mineral deposits to create an argument regarding the valuation of minerals
1. in-person lesson plan written in 5E format spanning three 90 minute class periods
2. ALL worksheets needed to scaffold students through all aspects of all three lessons: soil scientist career profile, soil science reading guide, graphic organizers, project planning sheets, and presentation day graphic organizer
3. project grading checklist
4. list of ore deposit sites with links for online research
5. comprehensive teacher answer key for all sections
6. access to online soil scientist career exploration resources including virtual job shadow video, fun career focused activity, and downloadable career information sheet in English and Spanish
Provided as an EDITABLE WORD document. 100% prep free, 100% fun! This resource works best with in-person learning.
You might also like...
More Earth & Environmental Science STEM Career Exploration Resources
- Environmental Science & Sustainability Careers Webquest
- Water Pollution STEM Challenge
- Intro to Ecology STEM Challenge
- Resource Availability Project
- Fish & Game Warden Game and Project
- Environmental Careers Poster
- Sustainability STEM Challenge
- and many more earth & environmental science STEM activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!