This set of paired passages includes a nonfiction passage and a fictional letter passage about soil, weathering, and erosion. The passages would be a great supplement for teaching about the types of soil, weathering, and erosion. Pick and choose what close reading activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These can be used for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage
- 1 fictional letter passage
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Written response tasks for each passage
- Context clues task
- Making inferences organizer
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Science Paired Passage Bundle
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Other Products Available In My Store:
Heat Paired Passages
Fossils Paired Passages
Pollution and Conservation Paired Passages
Government Reading Comprehension Bundle
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!