Students will learn about the components in soils, their compaction and moisture content; they will learn about the main parts of a plant, seed germination, and how plants grow to maturity.
- make and record observations of the components of different soil types
- investigate the compaction and moisture content of different soils
- make a conclusion about the components and characteristics of soils
- determine the materials or technologies that can enhance soils
- describe the function of the roots, stem, leaves, and flowers on a plant
- examine and identify plant roots as either tap or fibrous
- observe and illustrate the germination process of a bean seed
- track and graph the growth of a bean plant
- describe life cycle of seed plants
- research and describe how seeds germinate and grow to maturity in the natural world
- research and describe techniques used in the farming industry to germinate and grow plants in mass quantities
- identify working parts of a microscope and view prepared slides under a microscope
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.