Sol Painting, Inc. by Meg Medina — Short Story Analysis
Also included in
- Short Stories by Hispanic Authors | Bundle for Hispanic Heritage MonthCulturally responsive teaching promotes perspective, tolerance, empathy, and overall kindness both in and out of the classroom. In this bundle, you will receive lesson plans for 5 short stories all written by Hispanic authors. WitPrice $7.99Original Price $9.95Save $1.96
This resource for "Sol Painting, Inc." by Meg Medina includes before, during, and after reading activities for reading comprehension.
“Sol Painting, Inc.” by Meg Medina is told from the voice of Merci, a seventh grade girl who hopes to take over her father's painting business one day. Meg Medina is a Cuban American writer whose stories focus on how a person’s family, heritage, and culture influence them. This story teaches different perspectives that multiple characters can have in one situation—great for teaching POINT OF VIEW.
This story is the perfect way to include more Hispanic voices in your classroom, especially during Hispanic Heritage Month!
Included in this purchase:
- Suggested Lesson Procedure for teachers
- Before Reading Anticipation Guide
- Academic Vocabulary Definitions and Graphic Organizer
- Literary Analysis During Reading Questions
- After Reading Discussion Questions
- After Reading Point of View Activity
- Answer Keys
File Types Included:
-Teacher Guide and Answer Keys (PDF)
-Student Copy of Activities (Word document—editable for teachers)
-Student Copy of Activities (PDF—ready to print)
-Vocabulary and Author's Background Info (Powerpoint)
You May Also Like!
Hispanic Heritage Month One Pager Project