You will find exciting activities, writing prompts, adorable crafts, viewer instructions, party ideas, and so much more
in this resource to celebrate the 2017 Solar Eclipse. This eclipse will be a once in a lifetime event for many Americans and this is the perfect resource for a variety of grade levels! I am so excited to experience this amazing event with my students and spent months making sure I included everything you could possibly need to celebrate this event in style. :)
Looking for an upper grade version??? Click here!
Solar Eclipse Resource by Pencils to Pigtails - Upper Grades (3-6)
To see a FREE video that explains the activities plus additional ideas, go here!
Solar Eclipse Product Explanation & Ideas
I designed this resource with Preschool through 2nd grade in mind, although many of the activities and assignments would also work for older students. I've included a variety of differentiated activities, including some simple "tracing & coloring" sheets for those students just starting preschool and kindergarten.
In this resource you will find the following:
*Word Wall Cards to guide discussion
*Differentiated color versions of class books for older and younger students
*Starter prompts for "Create Your Own" class books (2 different versions)
*Tracing & Coloring Sheets for beginning Prek & K students
* Little Moon Activity (A fun way to demonstrate the alignment of the sun, moon, and earth and to help students understand how the eclipse works.)
*Solar Eclipse Craft (Color and Black & White versions)
*Tube Viewer Detailed Instructions
*Simple Viewer Instructions
*3 versions of a letter to parents
*Masks for students to act out the events of a solar eclipse
*Warning Sign - to warn students of the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse
*Writing Paper (Prompts to use before & after the eclipse and in different grade levels)
*Classroom Photos (More to come!)
I've included samples of each writing assignment that you are able to display for students as needed. (Zero prep for you!) I've also included color and printer friendly black & white versions of the activities.
I hope you enjoy these products and are able to experience and truly celebrate this awesome event! Please take time to leave feedback! I would love to hear if this resource helped you!
Pencils to Pigtails Blog - The Great American Solar Eclipse
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails