You will find exciting activities, research guides, writing prompts, adorable crafts, viewer instructions, class books, party ideas, and so much more
in this resource designed for 3rd - 6th graders to celebrate the Solar Eclipse. This is the perfect resource for a variety of grade levels! I am so excited to experience this amazing event with my students and spent months making sure I included everything you could possibly need to celebrate this event in style. :)
***THIS is an updated version as requested by my followers for 3rd - 6th graders.
To see a FREE video of the resource
for YOUNGER GRADES that explains some of the activities also included in this product, plus additional ideas, go here!
Solar Eclipse Product Explanation & Ideas
I designed this resource with 3rd - 6th grade in mind - to see my resource for younger grades, go here:
Solar Eclipse 2017 - PreK-2nd Grade Resource
In this resource you will find the following:
*Word Wall Cards to guide discussion
*Color version of class book
*Starter prompts for "Create Your Own" class book
*Research Guide Sheets - Students will conduct research on the suggested website or with teacher supervision of other websites to fill in the blanks and come up with additional information
*Reading Passage and Opinion Writing Prompt
* Little Moon Activity (A fun way to demonstrate the alignment of the sun, moon, and earth and to help students understand how the eclipse works.)
*Solar Eclipse Craft (Color and Black & White versions)
*Tube Viewer Detailed Instructions
*Simple Viewer Instructions
*3 versions of a letter to parents
*Writing Paper (Prompts to use before & after the eclipse)
*Classroom Photos (More to come!)
I've included samples of each writing assignment that you are able to display for students as needed. (Zero prep for you!) I've also included color and printer friendly black & white versions of the activities.
I hope you enjoy these products and are able to experience and truly celebrate this awesome event! Please take time to leave feedback! I would love to hear if this resource helped you!
Please visit my blog where I will be updating information as we study the 2017 Solar Eclipse!
Pencils to Pigtails Blog - The Great American Solar Eclipse
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails