This easy-to-use and high-interest solar eclipse unit will keep students engaged with exciting activities, writing prompts, adorable crafts, viewer instructions, party ideas, and so much more. This resource is jam-packed with everything you need to celebrate a solar eclipse near your or conduct an in-depth study about them. Due to the scientific nature of this product, the activities will work for a wide range of age groups. I spent months making sure you would have everything you need for this unit.
Looking for an upper grade version??? Click here!
To see a FREE video I made before the 2017 Great American eclipse that explains the activities plus additional ideas, go here! (Product has been completely revised to work for ANY solar eclipse.)
I designed this resource with Preschool through 2nd grade in mind, although many of the activities and assignments would also work for older students. I've included a variety of differentiated activities, including some simple "tracing & coloring" sheets for those students just starting preschool and kindergarten.
In this resource you will find the following:
- *Word Wall Cards to guide discussion
- *Differentiated color versions of class books for older and younger students
- *Starter prompts for "Create Your Own" class books (2 different versions)
- *Tracing & Coloring Sheets for beginning Prek & K students
- * Little Moon Activity (A fun way to demonstrate the alignment of the sun, moon, and earth and to help students understand how the eclipse works.)
- *Solar Eclipse Craft (Color and Black & White versions)
- *Tube Viewer Detailed Instructions
- *Simple Viewer Instructions
- *Party Ideas
- *3 versions of a letter to parents - EDITABLE
- *Masks for students to act out the events of a solar eclipse
- *Warning Sign - to warn students of the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse
- *Writing Paper (Prompts to use before & after the eclipse and in different grade levels)
- *Classroom Photos
I've included samples of each writing assignment that you are able to display for students as needed. (Zero prep for you!) I've also included color and printer friendly black & white versions of the activities.
I hope you enjoy these products and are able to experience and truly celebrate this awesome event! Please take time to leave feedback! I would love to hear if this resource helped you!
You can read about our experience with the Great American Solar Eclipse here:
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!