Also included in
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 4th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 4th grade. This bundle also includes an assessment that can be used at the end of each strand. Save 20% by purchasing this as a bundle. Save lots$53.00$66.25Save $13.25
- NGSS Fourth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 4th grade for the entire year. These resources include slideshows, informational text reading passages, science labs, science centers, response pages, and an assessment for each strand of NGSS fourth grade. Do you want an NGSS b$71.84$89.80Save $17.96
- Students will love these STEM Engineering Challenges! Teachers will love that the materials are inexpensive and easy to find. These NGSS STEM activities will have students using design thinking and conducting fair tests for these engineering challenges. This bundle includes several STEM engineering$36.24$45.30Save $9.06
- Engineering Bundle for Middle School Science: Addresses all of the middle school Engineering Standards. Students will love these engineering challenges while learning about the design process, criteria, and constraints, and other STEM Ideas. Balloon Car, flashlight, ball launcher, and more included.$34.64$43.30Save $8.66
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of r$102.56$128.20Save $25.64
- This bundle includes my STEM engineering resources for upper elementary and middle school. You can save 20% by purchasing these resources here together. Each resource has students using design thinking to develop solutions. This set is perfect for a STEM class, an after-school engineering program, o$46.28$57.85Save $11.57
Students will design and build a solar oven to convert energy from one form to another. Students will go through the design process and use science and engineering practices to create a solar oven that really works! Students will apply scientific ideas to design and build a working solar oven in this fun, hands-on science lesson.
This activity starts with phenomena. Students will use Science and Engineering Practices and answer questions aligned with the Crosscutting Concept of
This can be used for any upper elementary school grade levels, but it is specifically aligned with fourth-grade science standards:
NGSS 4-PS3-4. Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.* [Clarification Statement: Examples of devices could include electric circuits that convert electrical energy into motion energy of a vehicle, light, or sound; and, a passive solar heater that converts light into heat. Examples of constraints could include the materials, cost, or time to design the device.
Design a device that converts from one form to another. Define the problem, identify criteria and constraints, develop possible solutions using models, analyze data from testing solutions, and propose modifications for optimizing a solution. Emphasize identifying the initial and final forms of energy. Examples could include solar ovens that convert light energy to heat energy or a simple alarm system that converts motion energy into sound energy. (PS3.B, PS3.D, ETS1.A, ETS1.B, ETS1.C)
Save 20% by purchasing in the Engineering for Middle School Science.
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at email@example.com
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see my other great resources for NGSS and Utah SEEd fourth-grade!