With the adoption of the Common Core Standards in Ohio, we are also implementing the Extended Standards - developed for students with cognitive disabilities. These solar system activities were designed to support instruction of the listed concepts:
1. Identify what can be found in the solar system
2. Recognize that the sun is a star
3. Recognize that Earth rotates on its axis
4. Recognize that Earth revolves around the sun while it rotates on its axis
5. Recognize that properties of the sun are the same properties that stars have.
Includes 2 poems, 2 space themed-books (one with wh- questions), planet cards with labels, story sequencing activity, and poster.
These activities were developed for students with severe cognitive disabilities or multiple disabilities.