Solar System Digital Notebook for Google Slides®
If your science unit includes the solar system or space, this Interactive Digital Notebook for Google Slides® is what you need to incorporate technology and science. Students research the Earth, the Moon, the inner and outer planets, and constellations. Students use video and website links to conduct research. This science resource is for students in grades 3 - 5.
HOW IT WORKS
- Use it as a traditional Interactive Notebook.
- Use it one slide at a time to compliment a specific lesson on the Solar System.
- Use it as independent work such as a classroom project or even homework.
- On some slides, the student will drag interactive pieces to:
- put the Moon’s phases in order
- match constellations
- match cause and effect
- and more!
- On other slides, the student will write to:
- describe the Earth’s layers
- explain the phases of the Moon
- explain the seasons
- fill in tables of information about the planets
- make lists
- compare and contrast
- and more!
- Culminating slides/activities for sections 1, 2, and 3 include writing:
- an opinion
- an informative essay
- a fictional narrative
Each slide is paired with a Common Core State Standard for English Language Arts for grades 3 - 5 so that you can integrate it with Language Arts. All student slides have interactivity involving dragging, matching, or writing.
The Interactive Digital Notebook includes most of the important concepts taught about the solar system
- Earth’s movement in space
- the cause of the seasons
- the Moon’s phases
- the planets
- and the constellations.
The Interactive Digital Notebook is in 4 parts: The Earth, The Moon, The Planets, and The Constellations.
One slide includes 20 HYPERLINKS to trusted, reliable, kid-friendly free sites that the students can use for research and information gathering in conjunction with the print resources you provide. Some are print only, some are video sites, and some are a mix of various media.
Additionally, EACH slide has a particular WEB and VIDEO link tied to the content of that slide and the 20 other hyperlinks. Some of the video links are for YouTube. Please make sure your district/school/classroom has access to YouTube.
The 33 slides include
- Slide 1: Cover Page
- Slide 2: Table of Contents
- Slide 3: Instructions for Students
- Slide 4: Hyperlinks for Students
- Slide 5: Part 1 Cover Page: The Earth
- Slide 6: Activity 1: Inner and Outer Layers of the Earth
- Slide 7: Activity 2: Describe the Inner Layers of the Earth
- Slide 8: Activity 3: Rotation or Revolution
- Slide 9: Activity 4: Rotation as Seen from Earth
- Slide 10: Activity 5: Revolution Around the Sun
- Slide 11: Activity 6: Causes of Earth’s Seasons
- Slide 12: Activity 7: Expository Essay About the Earth
- Slide 13: Part 2 Cover Page: The Moon
- Slide 14: Activity 1: Phases of the Moon
- Slide 15: Activity 2: Legends or Facts About the Moon
- Slide 16: Activity 3: Exploration of the Moon
- Slide 17: Activity 4: Eclipse of the Moon and Sun
- Slide 18: Activity 5: Narrative About the Moon
- Slide 19: Part 3 Cover Page: The Planets
- Slide 20: Activity 1: Name and Order the Planets
- Slide 21: Activity 2: The Inner Planets
- Slide 22: Activity 3: The Outer Planets
- Slide 23: Activity 4: Orbits of the Planets
- Slide 24: Activity 5: Earth and Mars Compared
- Slide 25: Activity 6: Other Celestial Bodies
- Slide 26: Activity 7: Pluto the Dwarf Planet
- Slide 27: Activity 8: Opinion Writing on Pluto
- Slide 28: Part 4 Cover Page: The Constellations
- Slide 29: Activity 1: Identify the Constellations
- Slide 30: Activity 2: Constellation Myths
- Slide 31: Activity 3: The Big Dipper
- Slide 32: Activity 4: Seasonal Constellations
- Slide 33: Activity 5: What Pattern do you See?
Step-by-step student directions for each slide are included in the Speaker Notes at the bottom of each slide (similar to PowerPoint Presenter Notes).
Some other unique features of this Interactive Digital Notebook
- Table of Contents has links to each slide for easy navigation and return navigation
- HYPERLINKS to websites on the page for easy access
- Video Links use SafeYoutube.net for safe viewing from YouTube (please make sure your district/school/classroom can access Youtube or SafeYoutube)
- Answer Key included
- Scoring Guide included
- List of Common Core State Standards for ELA pairings by grade level
- Tutorial for the teacher on how to assign the Interactive Digital Notebook in Google Classroom
- Teacher Tips for using Google Slides
- All student instructions are in the SPEAKER NOTES
- PDF file for the teacher of all the slides for reference
- PDF file for the teacher of the slides and SPEAKER NOTES
- There is a PRINTABLE for the student on which to take notes by hand
TEACHERS, LIKE YOU, SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kristy D. says, "The students were able to use these assignments easily and independently during distance learning. The slides are so colorful and engaging! Thank you for a great resource!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Megan D. says, "My students loved learning about the earth. It was easy to break apart into smaller chunks. We are still working through it!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Cynthia Vautrot says, "On the surface, this looked like a great product. Two months later, when I started teaching the unit, I realized what a gem I had purchased. This is an ABSOLUTELY AWESOME product. My students have been so engaged. This is FABULOUS! Thank you so very much for a wonderful product! BEYOND A+!"
⭐ Desert Animal Adaptations Interactive Digital Notebook for Google Drive®
⭐ Woodland Animal Adaptations Interactive Digital Notebook for Google Drive®
⭐ Life Cycle of the Ant Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Slides
⭐ Life Cycle of the Dragonfly Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Slides
⭐ Life Cycle of the Ladybug Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Slides
⭐ Adaptaciones de los Animales del Bosque Templado Para Google Drive
⭐ Adaptaciones de los Animales del Desierto para Google Drive®
If you are looking for more resources to add to your Google Classroom, check out my CUSTOM CATEGORY GOOGLE Apps Ready for additional resources.
Copyright © Two Boys and a Dad Productions
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Permission to use on secure digital learning management system platforms (such as Google Classroom, Teams, Canva, etc.)
Comments, suggestions, feedback, and questions are always welcomed!
♦ Be sure to FOLLOW ME for updates and new product announcements!
♦ Do you need some fresh ideas and tips? Then visit My BLOG.
♦ Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly!
♦ If you have any questions or concerns, contact me through the Q & A, and I'll get back to you ASAP!