If your science unit includes the study of the solar system, this Interactive Digital Notebook for Google Slides® is what you need to incorporate technology and science.
Students research the Earth, the Moon, the inner and outer planets and constellations. Students use video and website links to conduct research. This science resource is for students in grades 3 - 5.
How it Works:
1. Use it like a traditional Interactive Notebook.
2. Use it one slide at a time to compliment a specific lesson on the Solar System
3. Use it as independent work such as classroom work, project work, or even homework.
On some slides, the student will drag interactive pieces to:
* put the Moon’s phases in order
* match constellations
* match cause and effect
* and more!
On other slides the student will write to:
* describe the Earth’s layers
* explain the phases of the Moon
* explain the seasons
* fill in tables of information about the planets
* make lists
* compare and contrast
* and more!
Culminating slides/activities for sections 1, 2, and 3 include writing:
* an opinion
* an informative essay
* a fictional narrative
Each slide is paired with a Common Core State Standard for English Language Arts for grades 3 - 5 so that you can integrate it with Language Arts. All student slides have interactivity involving dragging, matching, or writing.
The Interactive Digital Notebook includes most of the important concepts taught about the solar system: Earth’s movement in space, the cause of the seasons, the Moon’s phases, eclipses, the planets, Pluto, the constellations and much more!
The Interactive Digital Notebook is in 4 parts: The Earth, The Moon, The Planets, The Constellations.
One slide includes 20 HYPERLINKS
to trusted, reliable, kid-friendly free sites
that the students can use for research and information gathering in conjunction with the print resources you provide. Some are print only, some are video sites and some are a mix of various media.
Additionally, EACH slide has a particular WEB and VIDEO link tied to the content of that slide that is in addition to the 20 other hyperlinks.
Some of the video links are for YouTube. Please make sure your district/school/classroom has access to YouTube.
The 33 slides include:
* Slide 1: Cover Page
* Slide 2: Table of Contents
* Slide 3: Instructions for Students
* Slide 4: Hyperlinks for Students
* Slide 5: Part 1 Cover Page: The Earth
* Slide 6: Activity 1: Inner and Outer Layers of the Earth
* Slide 7: Activity 2: Describe the Inner Layers of the Earth
* Slide 8: Activity 3: Rotation or Revolution
* Slide 9: Activity 4: Rotation as Seen from Earth
* Slide 10: Activity 5: Revolution Around the Sun
* Slide 11: Activity 6: Causes of Earth’s Seasons
* Slide 12: Activity 7: Expository Essay About the Earth
* Slide 13: Part 2 Cover Page: The Moon
* Slide 14: Activity 1: Phases of the Moon
* Slide 15: Activity 2: Legends or Facts About the Moon
* Slide 16: Activity 3: Exploration of the Moon
* Slide 17: Activity 4: Eclipse of the Moon and Sun
* Slide 18: Activity 5: Narrative About the Moon
* Slide 19: Part 3 Cover Page: The Planets
* Slide 20: Activity 1: Name and Order the Planets
* Slide 21: Activity 2: The Inner Planets
* Slide 22: Activity 3: The Outer Planets
* Slide 23: Activity 4: Orbits of the Planets
* Slide 24: Activity 5: Earth and Mars Compared
* Slide 25: Activity 6: Other Celestial Bodies
* Slide 26: Activity 7: Pluto the Dwarf Planet
* Slide 27: Activity 8: Opinion Writing on Pluto
* Slide 28: Part 4 Cover Page: The Constellations
* Slide 29: Activity 1: Identify the Constellations
* Slide 30: Activity 2: Constellation Myths
* Slide 31: Activity 3: The Big Dipper
* Slide 32: Activity 4: Seasonal Constellations
* Slide 33: Activity 5: What Pattern do you See?
Step by step student directions for each slide are included in the Speaker Notes at the bottom of each slide (similar to PowerPoint Presenter Notes).Some other unique features of this Interactive Digital Notebook
* Table of Contents has links to each slide for easy navigation and return navigation
* HYPERLINKS to websites on the page for easy access
* Video Links use Safeshare.tv for safe viewing from YouTube (please make sure your district/school/classroom can access Youtube or SafeShare)
* Answer Key included
* Scoring Guide included
* List of Common Core State Standards for ELA pairings by grade level
* Tutorial for the teacher on how to assign the Interactive Digital Notebook in Google Classroom
* Teacher Tips for using Google Slides
* All student instructions are in the SPEAKER NOTES
* PDF file for the teacher of all the slides for reference
* PDF file for the teacher of the slides and SPEAKER NOTES
* There is a PRINTABLE for the student on which to take notes by hand
What are some advantages for going PAPERLESS with a cloud-based, digital resource?
→ with Google Classroom, you can view your students work live from your own computer or device
→ students turn in work digitally for you to grade
→ students can log in at home to complete assignments
→ students utilize 21st-century learning tools
→ students prepare for similar tasks they will encounter with online standardized tests
→ student motivation is high
→ replaces traditional paper/pencil tasks practice pages
If you are looking for more resources to add to your Google Classroom check out my CUSTOM CATEGORY GOOGLE Apps Ready
for additional resources.
⭐ Desert Animal Adaptations Interactive Digital Notebook for Google Drive®
⭐ Woodland Animal Adaptations Interactive Digital Notebook for Google Drive®
⭐ Life Cycle of the Ant Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Slides
⭐ Life Cycle of the Dragonfly Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Slides
⭐ Life Cycle of the Ladybug Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Slides
⭐ Adaptaciones de los Animales del Bosque Templado Para Google Drive
⭐ Adaptaciones de los Animales del Desierto para Google Drive®
Be sure to click on the green ★
to follow me for updates and new product announcements!
♦ Do you need some fresh ideas and tips?
Then visit My BLOG
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly!
If you have any questions or concerns, go ahead and contact me through the Q & A and I’ll get back to you ASAP!