Solar System | Planets and Constellations Unit | Research and Writing Project
Learning about the solar system and planets, along with stars and constellations has never been so engaging! Students will love these writing projects that allow students to research various planets or read the mythology behind the constellations to create their own planet and constellation books.
Use this for a WHOLE MONTH of easy reading, writing and/or science plans.
This resource includes:
- Daily Lesson Outline (1 page)
- Monthly Planning Page
- 12 Vocabulary Words (4 pages)
- Solar System Note Taking Pages (11 pages each- 1 color, 1 black and white option)
- Solar System Book Template (11 pages each- 1 color, 1 black and white option)
- Constellation Note Take Pages (19 pages each- 1 color, 1 black and white option)
- Constellation Book Template (19 pages each- 1 color, 2 black and white options)
- Personal Space Dictionary (17 pages each- 1 color, 1 black and white option)
Upgrade to digital to get all of this on Google Slides and for 7 included instructional videos on:
- Planet Research Tutorial
- Constellation Summarizing
- How to Use the Student Dictionary
- 4 Weeks/Videos of Vocabulary Instruction
Please note, this resource DOES NOT include reading passages. These are templates for taking notes on both planets and research. I highly recommend using authentic texts and websites with your students during this unit.
Teachers love how low prep and comprehensive this resource is. This resource was designed for second or third grade students, but could be differentiated to work for other grades.
Please ask all questions BEFORE purchasing.