This is a great unit to get your students excited to learn about the solar system!
Activities in this packet will make your lessons successful, engaging and fun!
Here is what's included:
1)11 Full Page Posters (actual planet images): The Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto (as a dwarf planet), Our Solar System + 3 More Informational Posters
2) Word Wall (16 space terms)
3) “My Astronomy Glossary” (your students will enjoy recording terms and definitions in these booklets)
4) “Astronomy Glossary” Terms and Definitions
5) Math Activities:
-“How Many Moons?” (students record the data and fill in the graph)
-“How Much Do You Weigh?”(children calculate their weight on each of the planets)
- “Who Was The First Person To Land On The Moon?”(students decode the name by solving addition and subtraction facts with regrouping) Answer Key Included
- “Martian Math” (worksheet on multiplication and division) Answer Key Included
6) “How Did Planets Get Their Names?”(Greek/Roman Mythology. Children guess the planets by reading the clues) Answer Key Included
7) “Order The Planets” Cut & Paste Activity
8) “All About Planets” Mini Book (for students to color the planets and write planet facts in) with Printing Instructions
9) “My Trip to Planet…” Writing Craftivity
10) “Our Solar System” simple and engaging Class Project on constructing a 2-dimentional model of the solar system with pictures and step by step instructions
11) Fun Planet Facts
Take a look at the PDF Preview File for more pictures of this product.
Thanks for stopping by :)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License