Build comprehension using these 6 nonfiction short passages about the solar system and outer space, each featuring informational text and 4 multiple-choice questions on one page. Paragraph topics include meteors, the sun, the moon, the earth, planetary rings, and the formation of our solar system. The questions cover a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. Great for integrating science and reading!
The readability levels of these passages is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders will need more teacher support with decoding and vocabulary. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• Fiery Flying Fragments informational text and questions (1 page)
• Global Forming informational text and questions (1 page)
• Hot Dot informational text and questions (1 page)
• Put A Ring On It informational text and questions (1 page)
• Rock Around the Earth informational text and questions (1 page)
• Universal Wisdom informational text and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
These passages have fun titles! As an added critical thinking BONUS, have students explain why they think the title of each reading passage was chosen.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► SAVE by purchasing the Short Reading Passages BUNDLE
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!