Solar System Reading Passages and Close Reading Passages Informational Writing
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- In this Patterns in Nature Interactive Solar System Bundle you will be getting the Moon Unit and the Sun Unit to use for your students in teaching on the Solar System with NGSS Standards. Both units are interactive, fun, informational and follow NGSS. This unit is DIGITAL AND PRINTABLE!In the Moon PPrice $19.60Original Price $28.00Save $8.40
- This is the BUNDLE of our Project Based Learning Solar System Unit, it includes the original PBL, the digital components and some additional activities. Using this interactive Project Based Learning Solar System Unit, you will guide your students into learning about the phases of the moon, role of tPrice $22.00Original Price $44.00Save $22.00
- Close Reading is a method for teaching students how to read for comprehension and how to get the most out of what they read. It is best used with Science and Social Studies Informational Text. Hop on over to our BLOG to read about how it is best used in the Classroom. CLICK HEREEach Close Reading unPrice $35.60Original Price $44.50Save $8.90
Reading about the Solar System is an interesting Informational reading for students to do. After students read about it, they get to do comprehension questions and an informational writing on the Patterns in our Solar System.
This pack of Close Reading Passages includes differentiated reading passages about the moon, the sun, stars and seasons. They also include differentiated comprehension questions and step by step instructions on how to turn it into an informational writing activity.
- Close Reading Passages (Differentiated to 3 Levels)
- Comprehension Questions (2 Levels)
- Informational Writing Steps
- Step by Step Lesson Plans
- Story Maps & Graphic Organizers
- Writing Templates
- How to do Close Reading in the classroom
- Close Reading Schedule and Lessons
As a class or you can assign students individually, you will have the students read one of the 4 close reading articles. Choose their level. Teacher will follow the close reading schedule included in the unit. The student will do activities with the article including vocabulary and comprehension questions. Then students will start their informational writing piece on the topic, using their close reading article and our Inference Graphic Organizer. In the end they will have an informational writing piece completed. This can be repeated 4 times with each article included.
Check out our entire Solar System unit and Patterns in Nature
Check out some of our Solar System Blog Articles to see how these units could work in your classroom:
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
LETS CONNECT Special Treat Friday Blog | TPT | Facebook | Instagram
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey