Looking for a fun way to review the solar system with your students? They will have a blast playing Eureka!
What content is included:
models of the solar system - geocentric & heliocentric, ellipse
the sun - core, radiation zone, convection zone, nuclear fusion, photosphere, chromosphere, corona, sunspot, solar flare, prominence, solar wind
inner planets - terrestrial planets, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars,
outer planets - gas giants, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, rings
small solar system objects - asteroid, comet, meteoroid, meteor, meteorite, asteroid belt, Kuiper belt, Oort cloud
Is there something missing from your curriculum or is there too much content to fit your needs? Leave me a comment in my Q & A section and I will be more than happy to work with you to create a version that's perfect for you! :)
Number of players:
Object of the game:
Be the first player to get rid of all your cards
1. Pick one person to deal the cards first.
2. The dealer shuffles & deals each player 7 cards.
3. Place the remainder of the deck facedown to form a DRAW pile.
4. Turn the top card of the DRAW pile over to start the DISCARD pile.
How to play:
On your turn, you must match a card from your hand to the card on the top of the DISCARD pile. This can be done by color, number, of symbol. Alternatively, you may put down a WILD card, DRAW 4 card, or EUREKA card.
When you play a card, you must answer the question that is on your card. If you do not know the answer or if you are wrong, you must draw 2 cards.
If you don't have a card that matches the one on the DISCARD pile, you must take a card from the DRAW pile. If the card you picked up can be played, you are free to put it down in the same turn. Otherwise, play moves on to the next person.
What happens when action cards are played:
- when this card is played, the next player must draw 2 cards & miss their turn. It may only be played on a matching color or on another DRAW 2 card.
- when this card is played, the direction of play reverses. This card may only be played on a matching color or on another REVERSE card. *If this card is turned up at the beginning of the game, the dealer goes first & then play moves to the right instead of the left.
- when this card is played, the next player is skipped (loses his/her turn). This card may only be played on a matching color or on another SKIP card.
- when this card is played, you get to choose the color that continues play (including the color in play before the WILD card was laid down). You may play this card even if you have another playable card in your hand. *If this card is turned up at the beginning of the game, the person to the left of the dealer chooses the color that continues play.
- when this card is played, you get to choose the color that continues play PLUS the next player must draw 4 cards & lose their turn. You may ONLY play this card when you do not have another card in your hand that matches the color on the DISCARD pile. *If this card is turned up at the beginning of the game, return it to the bottom of the deck & flip over the next card.
- when this card is played, you may pick a player of your choice to answer the question on the card. If he/she answers correctly, play continues on from that position. If the question is answered incorrectly, every player must give one card of their choice to him/her and then play continues on from that position. This card may only be played on a matching color or on another EUREKA card.
When you play your next-to-last card, you must yell "ONE CARD" to inform the other players that you only have one card left. If you don't yell "ONE CARD" and are caught before the next player begins their turn, you must draw 2 cards.
Once a player has no cards left, the round is over.
What is included in your download?
-What to do ahead of time
-64 game cards
Do you love the game? You can see all of my other Eureka! games HERE
Would you like to see a Eureka! game for a topic that I haven't posted yet? Contact me in the Q & A and let me know! :)