A Solar System:
This unit plan in the form of PDF file is prepared on Solar System. My units have been made to be both informative and visually stimulating for all students. It consists of 70 slides that are colorful. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance understanding to your students.
Colorful and beautiful pictures of different planets will create a deep interest among students to learn this unit in a quick way. The language is also kept as easier as so an average student can also understand it very easily.
It provides basic information on structure, features and atmosphere of various planets. It gives information related to other terrestrial objects like comets, dwarf planets, Asteroid belt, Kuiper belt and Oort cloud.
Students will chart a solar system diagram with 80% accuracy by the end of the lesson.
Students will be able to list and describe the planets in our solar system by accurately completing worksheets and activities on planets.
Students will know that eight planets of very different size, composition and surface features move around the sun in nearly circular orbits. Some planets have a great variety of moons and even flat rings of rock and ice particles orbiting around them.
At the end of the unit it contains about 14 different worksheets, 3 activities and one planet report book which will help students to assess their knowledge and learning on this unit.
The following topics are covered in this unit:
1. Introduction to Solar System
2. Detailed understanding on each planet with key features, unique properties and characteristics, comparison with earth, interesting facts, numbers of moons, numbers of rings with neat and ceye catching images.
3. Comparison between planets and order of planets.
4. Asteroids, asteroid belt, meteorites, comets, meteors, meteoroids, kuiper belt, Oort cloud, dwarf planets with neat images and its facts.
6. 14 Worksheets
7. My planet report book – 1
8. Activities – 1. Daily Motion of Earth 2. A Classroom Solar System
3. Solar System cut-outs
Hope students will really enjoy this creative worksheets as a great tool to review for the exam preparation. Please view the Preview file to obtain a sense of my style, see how my power point is structured and evaluate my work.
If you have any questions or would like to sample a unit for quality please email me and I will gladly assist you any way I can. Thank you for your time and interest in this unit. Thank you in advance for rating and commenting on this unit. Please be specific when you comment so that other teachers know why you rated it the way you did. It also helps me become a better teacher and seller.
Please note: these units are for the use of one educator.
If you would like to share my lesson plans with a co-worker, your team, your school, or your district, please purchase multiple licenses which are offered at half price.
When you click “add to cart”, please also click on “ buy licenses to share” and then enter the quantity of half-price licenses. Thank you so much!!
Sue from Science for Kids :)
LEAVE FEEDBACK AND RECEIVE TPT CREDIT!
Dear buyer, I wanted to remind you about the fact that you can build up TPT credit by leaving feedback on my products. You can submit feedback at the time of purchase or go to My Purchases for a list of what you have bought in the past. Next to each title you`ll find a Leave Feedback button. If you click and leave a rating and comment you`ll receive the credit. Then go to TPT Credits to learn how to redeem your credits on future purchases!
BECOME A FOLLOWER OF MY STORE!
Being a follower of my store you`ll learn about my new products, sales, and discounts! Become my follower by clicking on the green star on any of my pages and receive email updates in your TPT inbox.
You will find lots more in my store, including math, science, ELA, activities/craftivities, special education, interactive activities, and more!
You may also like:
• Bundle of Solar Units: Solar system/Solar scavenger hunt/Solar energy/The stars
• Climate : Introduction - Climate Zones - Factors affecting Climate
• Atmosphere - Composition and Structure
• Composition of Earth - Crust, Mantle and Core
• Reduce, Reuse and Recycle - A best way of going for Green
• Spring Scavenger Hunt -- An Activity
• Earth Day Scavenger Hunt - History - Symbols - Facts